The library now has access to the full runs of the following journals via Project Muse:
Archive for the ‘Publication alerts’ Category
Posted by Megan on July 24, 2011
Posted by Megan on September 12, 2010
The library now has access to 17 new journal titles on the Érudit platform:
- L’Annuaire théâtral : revue québécoise d’études Théâtrales, Société québécoise d’études théatrales/ CRCCF, Université d’Ottawa
- Les Cahiers de droit, Faculté de droit, Université Laval
- Cahiers de recherche sociologique, Département de sociologie, UQAM
- Les Cahiers des dix, Société des Dix
- Études d’histoire religieuse, Société canadienne d’histoire de l’Église catholique
- Globe: revue internationale d’études québécoises, Département d’histoire, Université de Montréal.
- Intermédialités : histoire et théorie des arts, des lettres et des techniques / History and Theory of the Arts, Literature and Techniques CRI, Université de Montréal
- Intersections: Canadian Journal of Music / Revue canadienne de musique, Canadian University Music Society/Société de musique des universités canadiennes
- Management international / International Management / Gestiòn Internacional HEC Montréal et Université Paris Dauphine
- McGill Law Journal / Revue de droit de McGill Faculté de droit, Université McGill
- Nouvelles perspectives en sciences sociales, Éditions Prise de parole
- Recherches amérindiennes au Québec, La Société Recherches amérindiennes au Québec
- Recherches sémiotiques / Semiotic Inquiry Association canadienne de sémiotique / Canadian Semiotic Association
- Revue internationale P.M.E., Université du Québec à Trois-Rivières
- Économie et Solidarités, CIRIEC Canada (Open Access)
- Mémoires du livre / Studies in Book Culture GRÉLQ, Université de Sherbrooke (Open Access)
- Revue internationale d’études canadiennes/International Journal of Canadian Studies Conseil international d’études canadiennes (Open Access)
- [VertigO] La revue électronique en sciences de l’environnement Les Éditions en environnement VertigO (Open Access)
Posted by Megan on July 10, 2010
The Middle East Reporter, an English-language Beirut-based monitor of news reports, editorials, commentaries and public opinion, is now publishing its content exclusively online. Current issues are now available, and the full archive of issues back to 1977 will eventually be posted on the website as well.
McGill has temporary, trial access to the web publication. Assuming that technical challenges are worked out, we will continue with an online subscription. The temporary log in is the word demo.
The publisher is interested in feedback about this new format, so please send any comments to me.
Posted in Publication alerts | Comments Off
Posted by Megan on July 2, 2010
The library has a new online subscription to the journal Global Responsibility to Protect, published by Brill. The publication began in 2009 and is edited by Alex J. Bellamy, Sara E. Davies, and Luke Glanville, all of Griffith University.
More information about the editorial board and areas of focus appears on Brill’s website.
Articles in the current issue include:
Reconciling R2P with IDP Protection
Author: Cohen, Roberta
Forced Migration, the Refugee Regime and the Responsibility to Protect
Author: Martin, Susan
Something Old, Something New, Something Borrowed … Something Blue? The Protection Potential of a Marriage of Concepts between R2P and IDP Protection
Author: Mooney, Erin D.
EU Migration Policy: Evolving Ideas of Responsibility and Protection
Author: Haddad, Emma
Regime-Induced Displacement and Decision-Making Within the United Nations Security Council: The Cases of Northern Iraq, Kosovo, and Darfur
Author: Orchard, Phil
Refugees, IDPs and the Responsibility to Protect (R2P): The Case of Darfur
Author: Adelman, Howard
Forum on the Report of the Secretary-General, ‘Implementing the Responsibility to Protect
Turning Words into Deeds? The Implementation of the ‘Responsibility to Protect’
Author: Welsh, Jennifer M.
Values versus Power: Responsible Sovereignty as Struggle in Zimbabwe
Author: Slim, Hugo
R2P or Not R2P? More Statebuilding, Less Responsibility
Author: Chandler, David
Implementing the Responsibility to Protect: The Power of R2P Talk
Authors: Serrano, Mónica
Posted by Megan on May 21, 2010
The library has just purchased the complete Palgrave Macmillan e-book collections for 2000 to 2010. The 2011 and 2012 collections will also be acquired. The titles, over 6,300 (2000-2010) are grouped in the following 11 fully indexed and searchable subject categories:
•Business & Management
•Economics & Finance
•Language and Linguistics
•Media and Culture
•Political and International Studies
•Religion and Philosophy
•Theatre and Performance
Records for individuals titles will be loaded in the library catalogue.
These books do not have limitations on concurrent users.
Posted by Megan on May 19, 2010
The Library has just purchased the complete Wiley-Blackwell e-book collections for both 2009 and 2010. The titles, over 900, are grouped in 14 main subject categories. The 22 titles labeled “politics” are listed here.
Each chapter is a separate PDF file.
There is no limit on simultaneous users of a given book.
Posted by Megan on March 10, 2010
The library now has an online subscription to the journal International Politics. The library catalogue record will be entered shortly, but for now, the direct link is http://www.palgrave-journals.com/ip/archive/index.html. We have access to issues published from 2006 onwards (a 4 year rolling backfile).
The library also has print issues published between 1996 and 2002.
Posted by Megan on January 21, 2010
An announcement about McMaster University’s new student-run international relations journal:
“McMaster University’s International Relations graduate students are pleased to announce our new student-run journal, Bridges: Conversations in Global Politics.
The journal is hosted in a multi-media format which includes both peer-reviewed written papers as well as interactive videos which are hosted on our YouTube channel.
The journal is meant to be both a pedagogical tool for graduate students as well as a space for conversations amongst those already established in the field. The journal considers questions about the ‘state of the field’ as well as the theoretical issues which surround these conversations.
Our inagural call for papers on the theme of “Conversation” can be found on our website along with more information about the journal.
Posted in Publication alerts | Comments Off
Posted by Megan on January 12, 2010
I’m pleased to announce that the library now has current issues of the journal Comparative Politics online. This subscription has been a long time in coming, as the publisher did not previously offer this type of online access to institutions.
We now have access to issues from 2007 onward through IngentaConnect. We continue to have issues from 1968-2005 through JSTOR. JSTOR has a 3-year “moving wall” for this journal, so we will get access to 2006 issues soon.
We still have current volumes and back issues in print in the library.
Posted by Megan on November 29, 2009
The library has a new subscription to the journal Climate Policy, published by EarthScan.
According to the publisher’s description:
“Climate Policy presents the highest quality refereed research and analysis on the policy issues raised by
climate change, and provides a forum for commentary and debate. It addresses both the mitigation of,
and adaptation to, climate change, within and between the different regions of the world. It encourages
a trans-disciplinary approach to these issues at international, regional, national and sectoral levels.”
Here is the table of contents for the most recent issue (Volume 9, Number 6, 2009):
Historic versus output-based allocation of GHG tradable allowances: a comparison
Author: Quirion, Philippe
Differentiating (historic) responsibilities for climate change
Authors: Müller, Benito; Höhne, Niklas; Ellermann, Christian
Assessing the value of price caps and floors
Authors: Philibert, Cédric
Who picks up the remainder? Mitigation in developed and developing countries
Authors: Winkler, Harald; Vorster, Shaun; Marquard, Andrew
Sectoral approaches for a post-2012 climate regime: a taxonomy
Authors: Meckling, Jonas O; Chung, Gu Yoon
Synergies in addressing air quality and climate change
Authors: ApSimon, Helen; Amann, Markus; Åström, Stefan; Oxley, Tim
CDM: from policy to practice
Author: Greiner, Sandra
Rethinking political theory: ethics, justice and global climate change
Author: Palmer, Charles